Cuban Adventures is an award winning tour company specializing in Cuba tours since 2005. We run our own small group Cuba tour packages including legal Cuba tours for American citizens. We don't operate a large network of tours worldwide and instead dedicate ourselves exclusively to Cuba. This put simply, makes us good at it! ...more about Cuban Adventures
Our Cuba Tours
Our award winning Cuba tour packages aim to give our travellers a taste of the 'real' Cuba. Apart from visiting some of Cuba's highlights, we concentrate on contact with the Cuban people and the Cuban culture. Here are some of the main features of our Cuba tours:
- Local Tour Guide - Each tour is accompanied by one of our local Cuban tour guides.
- Accommodation is almost always in guesthouses. These are small privately run businesses in Cuba that are typically run by local families.
- Small groups - a maximum of 12 to 16 travellers on our regular departures, depending on the tour package.
- Flexible - we leave plenty of time on our Cuba tours for participants to do their own exploring in Cuba. Our tour guides also offer the service of arranging optional activities, excursions, and day trips for the group or for individuals in the group, at each destination in Cuba.
- Value for Money - our tours represent some of the best value for money on the market for Cuba tour packages. This is not because we cut corners (we are not cheap), but rather because we benefit from being a small and efficiently run business with low advertising and marketing costs, and because we the operator our own tours in Cuba directly - so there are no 'middlemen' involved.
Are these Cuba tours for me?
Our small group Cuba tours are ideal for the discerning traveller who wants to have a more authentic experience of Cuba's unique culture and society. On the tours, there is ample free time for pursuing your own interests, and there are numerous optional activities that the tour guide can arrange for you at local prices. Our tours are by no means luxury tours of Cuba, but accommodation and transport is clean and comfortable.
You can trust us
Cuban Adventures is a product of Big Planet Adventures Pty Ltd - a registered company in NSW, Australia. We comply with all the local laws to operate as a travel agency in Australia. We can accept payment by credit card in 4 different currencies - GBP, EUR, USD and AUD via our secure online payment pages that are securely encrypted and operated by our bank - The National Australia Bank. ... More about us.
Cuban Adventures is Recommended!
- See a list of where you can find reviews and comments about Cuban Adventures Cuba Tours.
- We are an award winning tour operator! Our 8 Day Original Cuba Tour has won the tourradar tour of the year award for Latin America for the last 2 years running.
Legal Cuba tours for American Citizens
- Here is some up-to-date information on legal travel to Cuba for American Citizens
- Check out our licensed Cuba Tours for Americans
Tourist Visas for Cuba
The tourist visa for Cuba is known as the tourist card (or in Spanish - Tarjeta del Turista). Almost all travellers need to obtain a tourist card to visit Cuba. Please click here to read about the different ways you can go about obtaining the tourist card for Cuba.
Best Time of Year to Go to Cuba
We believe the best time to go to Cuba is anytime you can! However, the time to go to experience the most pleasant climate in Cuba is probably between the months of November and April. In June, July, and August, the temperatures in Cuba can often be uncomfortably hot and accompanied by very high humidity levels. September and October are the months you are most likely to encounter a hurricane, which may disrupt your travel plans. Click here to read more about the weather and climate in Cuba.
Easter, Christmas, and New Years periods are times of peak tourist activity in Cuba, when hotels, flights, and tours can be booked out will ahead of time. Prices for accommodation and tours can also increase in price markedly during these times.
Did you know that Cuba has a dual economy?
On the Cuba Money and Currency page you will find all the information you need on the dual economy, and other information such as - taking cash to Cuba, ATM's, and Cuban Adventures' recommendations to help make your travel and tour in Cuba hassle free!
Read the latest information on the exchange rate and currencies currently accepted in Cuba on our Money and Currency in Cuba page.